Friday Night FUTSAL
This program is a training only program with the opportunity for players to work on Futsal skills over the Winter. This is something that has been mandated by US Youth Soccer for Development Academy players to improve their technical ability, decision making, and speed of play.
The program will have limited spots available and players will train on the following dates / times:
Friday January 17, 24, 31
Friday February 7, 21, 28
Friday March 6, 13, 20, 27
2007 and 2006 6pm-7pm
High School Age Groups 7pm-8pm
All practices will be located indoors on a gym surface with Futsal balls. The address is:
Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church
467 Grandview Avenue,
Wyckoff NJ 07481
The program will cost $200 per player.
Reasons to play Futsal:
1. Futsal is a great skill developer - The game demands quick reflexes, fast thinking, and pinpoint passing. Futsal uses a smaller, heavier, low bounce ball. Ground control and first touch are essential to success in the game. The game is played on a hard court so the ball travels much faster than on grass.
2. Futsal is the foundation of Superstars - Many of soccer’s greatest players like Messi, Pele, Ronaldo, Iniesta, and Neymar all grew up playing futsal and credit futsal with developing their skills. US Soccer now requires all Development Academy players to play futsal in the offseason.
3. Futsal is more technical less physical - Futsal rules encourage technical play and do not permit the aggressive physical play that soccer allows.
4. Futsal has more of everything that kids love - More shooting, more goals, more action! Players rotate positions throughout the game, so every player is 100% involved in every game.
5. Futsal is not soccer - The rules are different, the court is different, the ball is different. Players get a break from outdoor soccer, while still enhancing their soccer skills.
The below video explains why US Youth Soccer want players to play Futsal during the Winter season.